If you want to be protected from online threats, it is best to combine a VPN and an antivirus. Both technologies can protect you against online tracking and malware at different levels. A VPN protects you online and secures your devices.
There are also antivirus packages that include a VPN. Which antivirus and VPN software package is the best?
Are you short on time?
These are the top antivirus with VPN in 2021:
- Norton 360 Deluxe With Norton Secure VPN – Best Value Software Pack in 2021
- Pandadome Premium is a good way to prevent threats
- Bitdefender Premium Safety – Unlimited VPN
- Avira Prime and Phantom VPN – Most comprehensive real-time detection
- AVG Ultimate is suitable for torrenting or P2P
How do you choose the best antivirus package with a VPN?
While it is possible to choose one protection tool, it is not the same thing as choosing the best software combination. It is important to compare the features of both antivirus and VPN software. You should choose the package that best suits your needs.
What should you look for when selecting the best antivirus
When choosing antivirus software, there are some key points you should consider. It is crucial that the software detects and protects you against malware.
Here are some things to keep in mind when you choose antivirus software.
- High malware detection rates: It is an essential component of antivirus software. This indicates the software’s ability find, protect and defend against malware. Antivirus software must be able to protect against threats such as trojans, ransomware and spyware. The better the malware detection rate, the better. The Independent IT-security Institute has performed comprehensive antivirus tests.
- Performance load: most defenders and antiviruses are very performance-intensive. They make use of the device’s resources to scan for threats and continuously monitor them. These processes can significantly slow down your device’s performance, so it is important to have high-performance capabilities.
- Scan Time: scan times are also important. The scan time is the longest. The best antiviruses have features like Quick Scan and Custom scan.
- Real time malware protection: realtime detection will ensure your safety while surfing the internet. A real-time protection tool that can scan web pages before you visit them is required. It should be able to inspect downloaded files and prevent unwelcome scripts from running on websites. You need real-time protection against malware to keep your online safety.
- Email scanning: An antivirus program should be able scan your email for phishing attempts. These malicious attachments or scam emails attempt to steal your personal information.
- Compatibility. If you wish to use the software across multiple devices, please check the compatibility. There are many antiviruses that can be used on both Mac and Windows desktop computers. However, you will not be able to install certain antiviruses on your mobile device if they are not compatible with iOS or Android. You should also consider your device’s processor compatibility (32 or 64 bit).
What should you look for in a VPN
- Speeds When you connect to a VPN server, your internet speed can drop up to 30% VPNs with the best speeds and unlimited bandwidth offer almost no speed loss. High speeds are crucial for HD streaming and downloading.
- With many servers, it’s easier to unblock any content. You can unlock more content the more countries you have a VPN network. You can also get faster speeds by balancing the server load.
- No logs policy: A strict no-logs policy for your privacy is crucial
- Security: VPN encryption protocols provide security for the connection. OpenVPN, IKEv2 SSL, WireGuard, and OpenVPN should be used as VPN protocols.
- Tracking protection An additional feature that some VPNs offer, is online tracking protection. VPNs that are consumer-based can block malicious websites and ads, even without antivirus.
- Kill switch with advanced features: an Internet Kill Switch protects IP addresses from being stolen. This is particularly important for torrent downloading or other P2P traffic. Although a kill switch is a great way to increase your privacy online it’s not available in all VPNs.
The Best Antivirus With VPN Included in 2021
Norton 360 Deluxe Software Package with Unlimited VPN
Norton antivirus is the most trusted antivirus package with VPN. You can use unlimited Norton Secure VPN traffic to protect your online privacy. AVTest scores the antivirus highly in terms of performance, protection, usability, and usability.
This pack includes VPN and is the most affordable. You get additional security features like:
- 50GB cloud storage
- Password Manager
- Online protection
- Support for antivirus and VPN on 5 devices
- DarkWeb monitoring to protect personal data
Norton Secure VPN offers servers in 28 countries. It is great for browsing the internet. It uses an AES256 bit encryption and a secure OpenVPN protocol.
This VPN doesn’t support torrenting or Netflix. You might prefer NordVPN which supports streaming and full P2P support.
Norton offers a free 30-day trial, as well as a 60-day guarantee for its products.
Panda Dome Premium includes VPN
Panda’s Premium bundle includes unlimited Panda Dome VPN. There are 22 servers available on the server network for unblocking content.
The VPN cannot be used alone and must be installed alongside antivirus. These features are very limited and basic. There is no customization, kill switch or advanced settings. It does however have decent speeds and a no-log policy. This is great for torrenting.
Panda’s Dome Premium package includes a 30-day guarantee of your satisfaction. This will let you test all that is included in this bundle.
Bitdefender Total Safety 2021 Bundle With VPN
Bitdefender also offers a VPN package and is a good antivirus. Bitdefender is compatible with Windows, macOS and iOS. It can also support up to five devices simultaneously.
The new edition 2021 includes the Anti-tracker. It helps you avoid malicious trackers from websites.
Bitdefender Total Security Package comes with 200 MB of encrypted VPN traffic per day. You can add an additional bundle to get unlimited traffic
Bitdefender Premium VPN cannot be used on its own and must be part of the product suite.
You can return it within 30 days.
Avira Prime – Antivirus with Phantom VPN included
Avira Antivirus includes Phantom VPN and is a great option to protect your devices. It provides protection against malware and threat detection in real time. It can also block infected websites as well as ad-trackers.
Avira Prime also includes a password manager, which stores insecure passwords. A PC cleaner tool optimizes your device’s performance. This antivirus can protect up to five devices simultaneously.
Its VPN claims it does not keep logs, uses bank grade encryption and can connect to 36 countries.
It also has a kill switch, which is an important feature for VPNs. Phantom VPN by Avira is all you need in a basic VPN.
AVG Secure VPN and an Internet Security Package
AVG Security Package includes a Secure VPN. Strong encryption is provided by the VPN and it supports P2P traffic. There are streaming dedicated servers as well, which is rare for an antivirus VPN.
Its logging policy is not ideal. It records timestamps and IP addresses as well as data usage.
Antivirus protection includes email scanning, real-time web scans, malware protection, and email scans. This antivirus is one of the most powerful and can protect up to 10 devices from any platform, mobile or not.
It can also secure your folders from ransomware by creating a layer of security around them. It can also block malicious links and fake websites and optimize the device’s performance.
What happens if you use a VPN?
VPNs are designed to protect, encrypt and hide your internet activity. Even if your VPN is equipped with anti-tracking and malware protection, it’s still possible to infect your device. The VPN can only protect your device from being infected to a limited extent. Anti-virus software alone cannot protect your device from viruses and other malware.
Do you require a combination of a VPN AND antivirus
It is recommended to use both antivirus and a VPN together for full protection against malware. The combination of antivirus and VPN works well. VPNs hide and protect your online data. Antivirus protects your computer from dangerous scripts and malicious downloads.
Conclusion: The Best Antivirus With VPN Include
Antivirus companies excel at selling their main product, malware protection software. However, VPNs are often very simple to use. There are no features such as Kill Switch, DNS protection or P2P support in the VPN software. Antivirus with VPN includes a small server network.
The Norton 360 Deluxe Package offers the best value-for-money. NordVPN is a VPN that supports torrenting, Netflix support, and high speed. You can find more than 5200+ servers across 59+ countries. It also offers advanced privacy features.