USA offers some of the finest entertainment, so using a USA VPN to unblock it is the best option. A VPN service in the United States is also recommended. It protects your traffic and prevents bandwidth throttling.
We tested top VPNs from the USA to find out which ones provide the best experience. Many are actually not good – they’re slow, hard to use, and don’t have many US servers.
We managed to identify the best USA VPNs that are reliable, fast, and easy-to-use.
Are you in a hurry?
These are the top USA VPNs
How to choose a good VPN provider in the USA
This is what you should look for when selecting USA VPNs.
- VPN servers in the USA – the VPN needs to have servers in the US. Otherwise, you can’t get a US IP address. And the VPN should have tons of servers so that you don’t need to deal with overcrowded servers that slow down your speeds.
- Security features that are good – we only recommend VPNs that protect your data with bank-grade encryption. They have kill switches as well as secure protocols such OpenVPN and WireGuard.
- No-logs policy – all the VPNs on this list have strict no-logs policies, meaning they don’t collect your IP address and traffic. NordVPN is one example of a service that has no-logs policies.
- Speedy speeds – the VPNs we tested allowed us to maintain fast speeds on all servers while streaming, browsing, and downloading files.
- Support P2P – if you want to download torrents safely, you need a VPN that allows P2P traffic on its servers.
- Streaming support – a good USA VPN should be able to unblock popular streaming sites like Netflix, Hulu, and Disney+.
- Use it quickly – all the VPNs we recommend have user-friendly apps for iOS, Android, Windows, and macOS. Some have even dedicated Linux apps.
6 Best VPNs for the USA – Direct Feature Comparison
All the USA VPNs listed in this article are extremely good. Which one you prefer depends entirely on your individual preferences. Here’s a quick look at some of their main features:
|VPN Service||Rating||VPN Servers in USA||Headquarters||Simultaneous Connectivity|
|Surfshark||4.6/5||500+||The British Virgin Islands||Unlimited|
|ExpressVPN||4.4/5||24||The British Virgin Islands||5|
|Private Internet Access||4.3/5||15,000+||The US||10|
Best USA VPNs – Speed Comparison
VPNs can slow down connection speeds as they encrypt data. This makes your traffic more heavy and takes longer to travel between your device, the VPN server, and your device. However, the fastest VPNs in the USA will minimize slowdowns thanks to large VPN networks and speedy protocols.
Ookla Speedtest was used for speed testing. It is a reliable third-party tool. Our tester is located in Romania and tested multiple US VPN servers. These are his average VPN speeds:
|Server Connection||Ping||Download Speed|
|Base Test Network||19 ms||930 Mbps|
|NordVPN||99 ms||477.99 Mbps|
|PrivateVPN||102 ms||324.28 Mbps|
|Surfshark||106 ms||298.77 Mbps|
|Access to the Internet Privately||113 ms||198.42 Mbps|
|CyberGhost||120 ms||160.96 Mb/s|
The Best VPNs in the USA
These are the best USA VPNs, based on our research and testing:
NordVPN is undoubtedly the best USA VPN. It has a huge server network numbering 4,900+ servers – with 1,900+ servers in the US. It allows P2P traffic from 1,700+ US server. So it’s very easy to find a nearby VPN server to get very fast speeds.
This VPN had very little slowdowns. We were able to load HD and 4K videos from Netflix US and Hulu instantly. Large 20-30 GB files were downloaded in 30-40 mins. Games ran smoothly without any lag. That’s mostly thanks to its NordLynx protocol which has been built off WireGuard.
We are incredibly impressed by NordVPN’s security.It comes with industry-standard features such as 256-bit AES encryption and a kill switch. It goes an extra mile.
- The policy of no logs has been audited twice.
- It uses RAM-only servers that erase all data after every reset.
- There’s obfuscation, which hides your VPN traffic.
- It prevents DNS leaks and IPv6 leaks.
- CyberSec is an ad-blocker that blocks malicious websites and ads.
- You can also use it with double VPN servers to protect your data with an additional layer of encryption.
This VPN provider allows you to unblock all streaming sites, even smaller ones such as Crunchyroll and VRV.The intuitive design of the apps makes it easy to install them and use them.
NordVPN also offers 24/7 live chat, affordable plans and a risk-free 30-day guarantee.
- 5200+ Global Servers in 59+ Countries
- CyberSec malware protection and ad blocking
- Next-generation encryption using double VPN servers
- VPN traffic can be disguised with obfuscation tech
- Strict no-logs policy
- Uses Netflix for streaming
- Lightning fast with P2P Support
- 30-day money-back guarantee
PrivateVPN is fast for torrenting and streaming.It has incredible speeds, despite only having 12 US servers and 200+ servers around the world. It instantly loads top streaming websites and HD videos. And it also has very fast torrent download speeds – all PrivateVPN’s servers allow torrenting, by the way.
This VPN protects data with strong encryption, secure VPN protocols, such as OpenVPN, and an automatic kill switch. It also adheres to a strict no-logs policy. This means that it will not monitor your traffic or IP address. It also provides DNS leak protection, obfuscation, IPv6 and DNS leak protection.
PrivateVPN can bypass geo-blocks extremely well. It always unblocks top streaming sites in the US for us – Netflix US, Hulu, Amazon Prime, and Disney+. It works with DAZN and Pandora Radio as well as Sony Crackle.
This VPN offers great customer service, low prices, and a 30-day guarantee of your money back.
- Server locations in 60+ Countries
- Zero data logging policy
- 2048-bit encryption with AES256
- Unlimited bandwidth and amazing speeds
- Supports anonym torrenting / P2P friendly
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- Allows port forwarding
Surfshark is fast and secure. It has more than 3,200 servers around the world and 500 servers in the USA.Its US server network includes 20+ cities. This makes it a great VPN to bypass sports blackouts. It’s also really good at unblocking top US streaming sites too.
It allows unlimited connections to one account, which is its main advantage.Surfshark is available on all devices. It’s the perfect VPN to share with your friends and family!
All servers allow P2P traffic. The VPN also works well with popular torrenting apps such as uTorrent and qBitorrent. Its speeds are also very fast – in our tests, we were always able to load videos instantly and download large torrent files really quickly.
You get strong encryption, a kill switch and a no-logs policy. Secure protocols include obfuscation and double VPN support. There is also IPv6 protection and DNS leak protection.
Surfshark is a helpful 24/7 live chat provider that offers friendly and knowledgeable support and has very affordable plans. It also comes with a 30-day satisfaction guarantee.
- More than 3200 global servers in 60+ Countries
- CleanWeb Ad-Blocking feature
- OpenVPN provides strong encryption for secure and private communications
- Whitelister, Multihop VPN and Kill Switch
- No-logs policy
- Uses Netflix for streaming
- Amazing speeds
- 30-day money-back guarantee
ExpressVPN offers 24 US servers as well as 3,000+ servers worldwide. They offer excellent security and streaming support.Its Lightway protocol is what really makes it stand out. It was designed to provide great speed and security. And our speed tests back that up – when we tested ExpressVPN, we always had lightning-fast downloads, streaming, VoIP calls, and browsing.
This VPN service is secure. The industry-standard features include 256-bit AES encryption and no-logs policy. There is also a kill switch. The VPN did an independent audit on its no-logs policies. It uses RAM-only servers, perfect forward secrecy that changes your encryption key each session.
ExpressVPN streaming is a great option. – it reliably unblocks all top US sites. There was never a proxy error. If you are bored with Netflix US, you can unblock 10+ regional libraries.
These apps are also very easy to use. The apps have quick-connect capabilities, intuitive interfaces and well-explained settings.
ExpressVPN offers a 24/7 live chat, flexible pricing and a 30-day risk-free money-back guarantee.
- 160+ locations, 3000+ servers
- Strict No-Log policy
- Unlimited streaming (Netflix, Hulu, BBC iPlayer)
- Strong military-grade AES256 bit key encryption
- Split tunneling, Kill Switch, and RAM-disk servers
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- Windows, MacOS OS, iOS, Android, and Linux Support
- High speeds and reliable connections
5. Private Internet Access (PIA).
Private Internet Access boasts the largest server network in the world, with 29,000+ servers worldwide and 15,000+ US servers. Because there are no overcrowded servers, you will always get fast speeds. Our tests showed that 4K videos loaded quickly and did not buffer, and large torrent files downloaded in less than an hour.
Even better, PIA supports torrenting from all its servers, and is compatible with the top torrenting apps, such as Vuze and Deluge.
This VPN also offers high-quality security.It provides data protection with strong encryption, a policy of no-logs and a kill switch. Although the provider is located in the US, their no-logs policy was proven to be true numerous times in court. So even if the authorities ask PIA to hand over user data, it doesn’t have any, to begin with.
Additionally, you get obfuscation as well as secure protocols such WireGuard and an ad blocker called PIA MACE.
This VPN service can unblock streaming sites very well, is cheap, offers 24/7 live chat and comes with a 30-day guarantee.
- Block trackers and ads
- You can use it with up to 10 devices simultaneously
- Unlimited Bandwidth
- 3200+ Servers in 29 countries
- No Request or Traffic logs
- 7-day money-back guarantee
6. CyberGhost VPN
CyberGhost VPN is easy to use, great for streaming and boasts 7,200+ servers around the world and 1,200+ US server. In our tests, we always enjoyed fast speeds – HD and 4K videos didn’t buffer, websites loaded instantly, and VoIP calls never dropped. All US servers also allow P2P traffic, so it’s really easy to find a nearby server to get fast download speeds.
This VPN unlocks tons of streaming websites using dedicated streaming server. They refresh their IPs faster, so it’s much harder for sites to block them. It blocks 60+ sites around the globe and 14 US sites.
CyberGhost VPN’s best feature is its ease-of-use. Its apps are available on all platforms and they’re really easy to install. Also, it’s easy to get used to the apps’ interface. All settings are easy to understand and have short explanations.
We love how secure this VPN works. An always-on kill button, no-logs policy and 256-bit AES encryption are all part of the package. There’s also an ad blocker, RAM-only servers, and perfect forward secrecy.
CyberGhost VPN offers a 24/7 live chat and cheap subscriptions. Long-term plans come with a 45-day guarantee. The shortest plan is supported by a 14-day money back guarantee.
- More than 90+ countries, and more than 6000+ servers
- Access to NoSpy servers
- No-logs policy
- 45-day money-back guarantee
- Unblock streaming services
- Special IP Option
- Strong AES 256-bit encryption
- IKEv2, WireGuard, OpenVPN, IPSec protocol support
Best USA VPNs FAQs
We compiled a list of the most frequently asked questions about VPN services in America and answered them all here. You can leave more questions in the comments.
Which USA VPN has the Best American Servers?
PIA has the most US servers – 15,000+.NordVPN ranks second with 1,900+ US-based servers. CyberGhost VPN also has 1,200+ US server. However, ExpressVPN and Surfshark have fewer US servers than PrivateVPN but they still offer extremely fast speeds.
Still, if you want to be sure you always find a US server that’s not overcrowded and close to you, we recommend picking NordVPN.
How to Get a US IP with a VPN
It’s very simple – just follow these steps:
- Subscribe to a VPN which has American VPN servers.
- Download and install the VPN’s app.
- Use the VPN to connect with a US server.
Is using a VPN to access America legal?
Yes, you can use a VPN to the USA. It’s only illegal to use a VPN if you use it to engage in criminal activities.
What VPN can you use to access the USA for free?
Yes, you can use a free American VPN – but we advise against it. Free VPNs don’t provide good service. They’re usually slow, limit how much data you can use, log your data, and have buggy apps that crash a lot.
We recommend purchasing a paid VPN to replace the free USA VPN. NordVPN is our favorite VPN due to its speed, streaming support, and security. Best of all – it has very cheap plans and a risk-free 30-day money-back guarantee.
What is the purpose of a USA VPN?
Even if you have access to US streaming sites, you should still use a VPN for the US – here’s why:
- It encrypts all data and keeps it safe from unauthorized networks.
- It prohibits ISPs spying on traffic and selling it to advertisers.
- USA VPNs prevent bandwidth throttling because ISPs can’t see your traffic.
- A VPN allows you to torrent securely. ISPs and copyright agencies won’t be able to track you anymore because the VPN encrypts your traffic and hides your IP address.
We recommend using a US server in this case because you’ll have faster speeds. Data between you and the server that is located in the same country will travel faster if it is there.
Is it safe to use a USA VPN?
It is absolutely safe to use a United States VPN. – as long as you use a good one, that is. You need a VPN with bank-grade encryption and a kill button to protect your data.
What is a USA VPN?
VPNs protect your traffic by sending it through VPN servers, rendering it unreadable. The VPN server sits between you and the sites you visit, which is why those sites only see the VPN’s IP address. If it’s a US IP address, you’ll get access to US-only content.