Windows 10 is one of the most popular operating systems on the market, and with good reason. It’s fast, reliable, and comes loaded with features that make it a great choice for businesses. One of the best features of windows 10 is its upgradeability. You can upgrade to windows 10 from windows 7 for free if you have a valid license. This means that even if you don’t want to switch to windows 10 right now, you can still take advantage of its features by upgrading to windows 7 later on. So is it time to switch? Check out our guide to see if windows 10 is the right choice for your business.
What is the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update?
The Windows 10 Fall Creators Update (FCU) is a big update that comes with new features and changes. You can download and install it on your computer now if you have Windows 10 version 1607 or later. If you’re not sure if you have the FCU, check for the “Update & security” icon in the system tray.
If you want to upgrade to the latest version of Windows, use the free update offer. When Microsoft releases a new feature update, like the FCU, they also release an upgrade offer so existing customers can upgrade their operating system at no cost. The offer is available for a limited time so be sure to take advantage of it before it expires!
Here are some things you need to know about upgrading to Windows 10 from Windows 8 or earlier:
- You need a copy of Windows 10 installed on your PC. You can download it from Microsoft’s website or get it through one of the online installation services (like Amazon).
- To take advantage of the free upgrade offer, your computer must be running one of these versions of Windows:Windows 8.1,Windows RT 8.1,Windows 10 Anniversary Update (version 1607),orWindows 10 Creators Update (version 1703). If your computer is running any other version of Windows, you’ll need to buy a copy of Windows 10 and then use the free upgrade offer. ( However there are some exceptions- see below.)
- You need at least 8GB of free storage to install Windows 10. You can use a USB drive, external hard drive, or another partition on your computer to install Windows 10.
- If you’re upgrading from Windows 8 or earlier, make sure your PC has both the latest updates for your operating system and for your graphics hardware. For more information about installing updates, see our guide: Updating Your PC for Windows 10.
- If you want to keep your current user account and settings when you upgrade, make sure you back up important files before you start the installation process. (See our guide: How to Back Up and Restore Your Files.)
What are the new features in the Fall Creators Update?
Windows 10 Fall Creators Update introduces a bevy of new features and improvements designed to keep your device running at its best. Here are five of the most significant:
- Improved Photos and Videos Experience – The Photos experience in the Fall Creators Update has been revamped with a redesigned interface that makes it easier to edit and share photos with family and friends. You can now also use Cortana to search for photos by date, location, or description, and videos now have a dedicated playback button in the ACTION center.
- Windows Ink – The Fall Creators Update brings support for Windows Ink, which lets you take notes, sketches, or drawings on any surface right from your tablet or PC. You can even use voice commands to annotate photos or videos.
- Continuum for Phones – The Fall Creators Update includes new features that make it easier to switch between your phone and computer mode, including Continuum for Phones which lets you dock your phone centrally on your monitor so you can work on the go without having to unsheathe your laptop.
- Screen Time Tracking – With the Screen Time feature in the Fall Creators Update, you can see how much time you spend using various apps and websites, as well as manage profile restrictions for specific children or adults in your household. This gives you an insight into how each member of your family is using their devices and helps to curate an online experience that is tailored to each individual’s needs.
- General Performance and Stability Improvements – The Fall Creators Update includes a variety of general performance and stability improvements that make your device run smoother and more efficiently.
How to get the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update?
If you have a Windows 7 or 8.1 PC, there is still a way to get the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update (version 1709).
To do this, you’ll need to download and install the Windows 10 Upgrade Assistant. The upgrade assistant will walk you through the process of upgrading your PC to Windows 10.
Once you’ve downloaded and installed the upgrade assistant, launch it by clicking on the Start button, typing “upgrade assistant” in the search bar, and clicking on the result that appears.
The upgrade assistant will guide you through the process of upgrading your PC to Windows 10. You will need to provide some basic information about your PC, including its name and edition. After providing this information, the upgrade assistant will start downloading and installing all of the necessary updates.
When the process is complete, you’ll be prompted to restart your computer. After restarting your computer, your PC will be upgraded to Windows 10 Fall Creators Update (version 1709).
Can you still upgrade to windows 10 from windows 7 for free?
Windows 10 is the latest iteration of Microsoft’s operating system. The free upgrade offer for Windows 7 and 8.1 users ended on April 15, 2018. However, you can still upgrade to Windows 10 for free if you meet a few requirements. Here are the requirements:
You must have a valid product key for your current edition of Windows. To check whether you have a valid product key, open Settings > System and Security > About Your Computer. If the Product Key field shows your current edition of Windows, you have a valid product key.
You must be running an eligible version of Windows 7 or 8.1 (SP1 or later). Eligible versions of Windows 7 and 8.1 include the following: Home Basic, Home Premium, Professional, Ultimate, and Enterprise (Server).
Your computer must be upgraded to at least Creators Update (version 1703) or newer. For more information about upgrading to Creators Update (or newer), see this article: How to upgrade to windows 10 Creators Update (version 1703).
What is the windows 10 free upgrade offer?
Windows 10 is the latest operating system from Microsoft, and it includes a number of new features and improvements over Windows 8.1. However, if you’re currently using an older version of Windows, you can still upgrade to Windows 10 for free. The offer is available only to users who have not upgraded from an earlier version of Windows within the last year. You can find out more about the Windows 10 free upgrade offer on Microsoft’s website.
Is it possible to upgrade to windows 10 from windows 7 for free?
Windows 7 is a great operating system and many people may want to keep using it. However, Microsoft has released Windows 10 as an upgrade option for those who still have Windows 7 installed. If you want to upgrade to Windows 10, there are a few things you need to know.
First, you need a valid product key. Second, the installation process will require some updates to your computer. Finally, you’ll need enough free hard drive space to install Windows 10. If all of these conditions are met, upgrading to Windows 10 is free!
To get started, head over to the Microsoft Upgrade website and sign in with your Microsoft account. You’ll be directed to enter your product key if you have one available. Once that’s verified, you can begin the installation process. During the installation process, updates will be required for your computer. Once everything is up-to-date, you’re ready to install Windows 10!
Once the installation is complete, please be sure to read through the setup tips that are provided by Microsoft. These tips will help make your experience with Windows 10 enjoyable and useful. As always, feel free to contact us if you have any questions or encounters any problems during the installation process or after upgrading!
How to take advantage of the windows 10 free upgrade offer?
If you are a current Windows user, you can take advantage of the windows 10 free upgrade offer. This offer is available to users of Windows 7 and 8.1 as well as Windows 10. In order to take advantage of this offer, you will need to do the following:
- First, make sure that your computer meets the system requirements for windows 10. These requirements are very similar to those for windows 7 and 8.1 so you should be able to upgrade with no problem.
- Once your computer meets the requirements, click on the start button and type “windows update” in the search bar. This will bring up the windows update screen. On this screen, click on “update now” to download and install the latest version of window 10.
- After window 10 has been installed, restart your computer.
- When you restart your computer, it will prompt you to choose whether or not you want to activate windows 10. If you chose not to activate windows 10 when it was offered to you during installation, then it is time to activate it now by clicking on the “activate” button below “windows logo” in the bottom left corner of your screen.
What are the eligibility requirements for the windows 10 free upgrade offer?
If you are currently using Windows 7 or 8.1 and have an active subscription, you can upgrade to Windows 10 for free when it releases on July 29th, 2019. If you are not using a licensed copy of Windows, you will need to purchase a license key before upgrading. Additionally, if your computer is older than five years old, we recommend upgrading now as support for these older devices will end in 2020.
To qualify for the free upgrade offer, you must meet the following requirements:
Be using a PC that is running a licensed version of Windows 7 or 8.1 (not 2K or 3K)
Have an active subscription to a qualifying Microsoft service such as Office 365 or Skype Premium
Your device must be activated with a valid Microsoft account (formerly known as Windows Live ID) and be connected to the internet
You must have at least 50 GB of free hard drive space available on your computer
Please note that this offer is not available to customers in China, Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan and Syria.
How to update your windows 10 installation?
Windows 10 is a great operating system, but it can sometimes be updated with new features and bug fixes. If you’re not up to date, you may not have all the latest security updates, or you may encounter problems. Here’s how to update your windows 10 installation:
- Make sure you have a valid copy of windows 10 installed on your computer. You can download it from Microsoft’s website.
- Start up windows 10 and sign in using your account name and password.
- Click the “Start” button, then click “Settings.” In the settings window, click “System.” Under “Update & security,” click “Windows Update.”
- On the left side of the Windows Update window, under “Available updates,” click “See all updates.”
- In the right side of the Windows Update window, under “Updates for this build,” click “Install.”
- The Windows Update window will show you available updates for your current version of windows 10 (e.g., Build 17763). Check off any updates that are required and then click “Install.”
- When the updates are complete, restart your computer so that the changes take effect.
What to do if you’re not eligible for the windows 10 free upgrade offer?
If you’re not eligible for the Windows 10 free upgrade offer, you may still be able to upgrade to Windows 10 using the traditional methods. Here’s how:
- If you’re currently running Windows 7 or 8.1, download the Windows 10 Upgrade Assistant from the Microsoft website.
- Run the Upgrade Assistant and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the upgrade process.
- If you’re running a 64-bit version of Windows 7 or 8.1, you’ll need to download and install a compatibility package before upgrading to Windows 10. For information about installing compatibility packages, see our blog post, “How to install a compatibility package for your PC.”
- Once you’ve upgraded to Windows 10, make sure to create a system restore point before making any changes so that you can revert back if necessary.