What is Cloud Computing Architecture?
The overall structure of cloud computing architecture is what holds and runs the platform. For laymen, these parts can be confusing and complicated. The most basic parts of cloud computing architecture are understandable. Ancient Greek architecture had Ionic, Doric and Corinthian orders. These concepts are similar to cloud computing architecture. Businesses and people should be able to understand them. This will enable them to be familiar with the platform they are using. These concepts are what define the cloud.
Cloud Computing Architecture: Parts
Architecture has major components that are essential for building. These parts are not possible to be removed or added in, as this could compromise the integrity of a building. All parts of cloud computing architecture are important. Any add-ins or cuts would compromise the platform’s integrity.
Two major components make up cloud computing architecture. These two parts are the main components of cloud computing architecture. It is therefore important to be familiar with these parts. These are the parts:
- Cloud Computing Architecture Front End. One of the most important parts of cloud computing architecture is the front end. It is the client-side of the platform. It’s the client’s view of the cloud computing platform. This includes the client’s view of the design. The front end also includes web design, browsers, and any other visible parts to the client. Cloud providers often take extra care to make their services easy for clients.
- Cloud Computing Architecture Architecture Back End This is the back end of cloud computing architecture. This is the true face of cloud computing architecture. This is where the security and management backbones of cloud computing architecture are located. This is also where you will find the service, storage, as well as application management. The back end houses the providers who control, hold, and develop the cloud computing platforms.
- Internet and Cloud Computing Architecture Although the Internet isn’t necessarily an identifiable part of cloud computing architecture, it does play a significant role in connecting them. The Internet is a crucial link between the front and back ends. The Internet acts as a bridge between the two main parts. The Internet is essential for the client to be able reach the service provider. The reverse is true.
Cloud Computing Architecture Types
The types of cloud computing architecture are based on the main types of cloud computing. They are distinguished by the ownership of each type. Only the third-party service provider or the client can be identified as the owners.
Cloud computing has many types due to different ownership arrangements. One type is where the platform is owned and managed by a service provider. The client hires them. Another type, however, is owned by a service provider and the client alone. There is also another type that is a mixture of both of these.
- Public Computing Architecture. A true provider-client relationship can be established in a public cloud computing architecture. This is the most popular way to build a cloud computing service. Clients can use the services of a provider in a public cloud. The platform is shared by multiple clients, hence the term public cloud. This setup allows providers to offer services through the Internet. Clients would then be able to access the services via the Internet. Clients can access low-cost services through public clouds. Because the provider takes care of the maintenance, this is possible.
- Private Cloud Computing Architecture The third-party provider is not required to be a part of a private cloud computing architecture. Private cloud computing architectures allow the platform to be physically located on a business’s premises. Private entities are responsible for the maintenance and upgrading of the infrastructure. The platform is only used by the enterprise in this cloud computing architecture. They have complete control over the platform and no third-party entities can intervene. Private cloud computing architectures would be more expensive for businesses. It offers the highest security for data. There is no vendor lock-in.
- Hybrid Cloud Computing Architecture A hybrid cloud computing architecture, as the name implies, is a combination of elements from both private and public clouds. It offers the flexibility of private clouds and the accessibility of public clouds. The client manages some of its components. A third-party service provider can also control some of its parts. Businesses are very fond of hybrid cloud computing architectures. CIO Jury’s 2017 report showed that 75% of businesses have switched to hybrid platforms.
Cloud computing architecture is a popular choice for enterprises because of its flexibility and adaptability.