The Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX201 160MHz adapter is a wireless driver adapter that has recently been causing problems for numerous customers. If your device relies on this Wi-Fi adaptor to connect to the internet, you may be unable to connect to Wi-Fi at times.
Even if consumers are able to resolve the issue, the unpleasant error frequently reappears a few days later. Even more aggravating is when this problem arises while streaming video or uploading data to your cloud storage account. This is a common issue with Surface devices. Surface Laptops appear to be more affected than other Surface devices by this issue.
We’ll look at how to fix the following error notice that affects this wireless adapter: “The Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX201 160MHz adapter is having driver- or hardware-related problems.”
Windows 10 Intel WI-FI 6 AX201 Adapter Driver Fix
Fixes in a Hurry:
- Restart your PC as well as your router. Alternatively, unplug your router’s power cord for two minutes.
- Update your operating system. Make sure your machine is running the most recent version of Windows 10. Check for updates in Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update.
- If you’re in a hurry and don’t have time to address the problem right now, switch to a cable connection.
You Should Update Your Drivers
You may be unable to connect to your Wi-Fi network if your wireless adapter driver is outdated or faulty.
- Select Network Adapters from the Device Manager menu.
- Then expand the list to find your Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX201 160MHz adapter and right-click it.
- Update Driver is the option to choose. Then restart your computer to see if the error has been resolved.
- If the error persists, reinstall the driver by right-clicking on your Intel Wi-Fi adapter and selecting Uninstall device.
- Restart your computer to get the most recent driver version downloaded automatically.
You can manually download the latest drivers from Microsoft if you’re running a Surface tablet or laptop:
- Surface Laptop 3 with Intel Processor Drivers and Firmware.
- Surface Laptop 3 with AMD Processor Drivers and Firmware.
For more information, visit Microsoft’s Support page Download drivers and firmware for Surface.
The Intel Driver & Support Assistant can be downloaded here.
You may also use the Intel Driver & Support Assistant to automatically keep your system up to date. This tool ensures that your Intel hardware is up to date. You can download it from Intel.
Reset the connection and run the Network Troubleshooter
Running the Network Troubleshooter may be able to assist you in resolving this issue. This built-in programme discovers and fixes network problems automatically.
- Go to the Settings tab.
- Choose between Network and Internet.
- Then go to Network Troubleshooter and scroll down.
- Check the results of the troubleshooter.
If the problem remains, return to Network and Internet and select Network Reset this time. Check if you can connect to Wi-Fi after restarting your computer.
Modify the Wireless Mode Options
This issue could be related to the device’s dual-band capability. It’s possible that changing the wireless settings will solve the problem. Check the findings by following the steps below.
- Navigate to Network Adapters in Device Manager.
- Then pick Properties from the right-click menu on your wireless card.
- Change the wireless mode settings from 802.11a/b/g to 1. 5GHz 802.11a on the Advanced tab. Check to see whether the problem still exists.
You can also experiment with the wifi settings by changing the property and value settings. Some users were able to resolve the problem by changing all of their settings to 5GHz.
After that, select Power Management from the drop-down menu. Then uncheck the box that permits Windows 10 to save power by turning down the wifi device.
To summaries, if your computer has an Intel wireless card and you are unable to connect to the internet, install the most recent driver updates and adjust your channel settings. If you’re having trouble with a Surface device, manually download the latest Microsoft updates.
We hope this tutorial was helpful in resolving your issue. Please leave your thoughts in the comments section below.