Office 365 University for Higher-Education Students
Students and educators at eligible institutions can get free access to Office 365 Education, which includes Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, and Microsoft Teams, as well as other classroom tools. To get started, provide a valid school email address.
Learning from a distance
When you acquire Office 365, which includes Microsoft Teams and is free for your entire school, you can create collaborative classes, engage in professional learning communities, and connect with colleagues. Get all the training and support you need to establish a collaborative, safe, and secure learning environment.
10 Reasons Why Students in Higher Education Will Enjoy Office 365 University
- Office at its best: Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, OneNote, Outlook, Publisher, and Access are all new.
- The best deal: It’s a wonderful offer at US$1.67 each month. (For a four-year subscription, the estimated retail price is US$79.99; non-US pricing is possible.)
- After four years, If your schooling takes longer than four years, you can renew your Office 365 University subscription one more for a total of eight years.
- Taking notes on a computer: In OneNote, you may take notes with your finger, pen, or keyboard and store them in the cloud and on different devices.
- Save to SkyDrive: By default, Office 365 University saves documents to SkyDrive, ensuring that material is accessible from any device.
- Additional storage: For a total of 27 GB, you’ll get an extra 20 GB of Premium SkyDrive storage.
- Skype: Each month includes 60 Skype global minutes.
- Upgrades and enhancements in the future: Get future upgrades and enhancements.
- There are two installations: Install Office 365 University for one user on up to two computers (PC or Mac).
- Office on Demand: Stream full-featured Office to an Internet-connected Windows-based PC when you’re away from your PC.
Who is eligible for Office 365 University?
Office 365 University is available to full-time and part-time university and college students, instructors, and staff at authorized institutions.
As part of the Office 365 University product activation process, students, faculty, and staff in higher education must validate their eligibility online. (Please note that all verification is done after the purchase, with the exception of the Microsoft Store, where we offer pre-buy verification.)
Time and money-saving tools
Office 365 is a cost-effective suite of sophisticated tools for educators and students that can be accessed from your favourite devices.
Give your pupils the tools they need to succeed now and in the future.
Students gain a set of skills and applications that employers value when you utilise Office 365 Education in the classroom. Prepare kids for their futures now with Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Access, or OneNote.
To design a modern classroom, use cloud services.
With the power of OneDrive, Teams, and more, you can create collaborative classrooms, connect in professional learning communities, and communicate with school employees all from a single experience with Office 365 Education.
Office 365 Education is available for your entire school.
Give every instructor and student access to Office 365 Education, which includes Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, Microsoft Teams, and free classroom tools, on all of their devices.
Office 365 University – Questions that are frequently asked
How long can I use this plan?
You can use the plan as long as you are working at a qualified school. Your eligibility may be re-verified at any time. When your Office 365 Education plan expires:
- The Office applications enter a reduced-functionality mode, which means that you can view documents, but you cannot edit or create new documents.
- Online services associated with the school email address—for example, Office Online and OneDrive—will no longer work.
- If your plan expires, you can extend your plan by re-verifying your status as an educator, or by moving to an Office 365 personal plan.
How long does it take to be approved as a qualified academic institution?
In many cases, the response time is instantaneous through an automated verification process. In other cases where an institution needs to be verified, it may take up to a month to confirm eligibility. If you are nearing the end of your 30-day trial and have not received approval of eligibility, please contact customer support.
What can I do if I’m not eligible?
Office provides a range of options for students, so it’s easy to find one to fit your budget. Learn about ways you can get Office.
Who manages the OneDrive account provided with this offer?
The OneDrive account is assigned to you but associated with the school and should be used for school-appropriate content. Permissions and access can be changed by the school’s IT administrator at any time.
Can I share this plan with others?
Office 365 Education is individually licensed for use only by the eligible teacher. If you have colleagues who want to use Office 365 Education, they can get their own license on the Office 365 Education webpage.
What are the minimum system requirements for Office 365 Education?
To install Office 365 Education, your PC or Mac must meet the minimum system requirements. View the system requirements.