GeForce NOW doesn’t work worldwide. GeForce VPN NOW can help you get around this problem. There are many VPNs available on the market so it is difficult to choose the right one.
This quick guide will make it easy for you. To find the best VPNs to use with GeForce, we tested many services.
Are you in a hurry?
These are the top VPNs for GeForce now:
- NordVPN – The best VPN for GeForce.
- PrivateVPN is an easy-to-use GeForce VPN
- Surfshark Unlimited parallel connections and good speeds
- ExpressVPN is very secure with great streaming speeds.
- Private Internet Access has the best server network available.
How to Choose a Good VPN For GeForce Now
These are the things we look for in a service to ensure reliability.
- Speedy speeds and no data caps GeForce NOW demands faster Internet speeds than many streaming sites. An excellent VPN should provide fast speeds, made possible by lightweight protocols such as WireGuard and unlimited bandwidth.
- You need to use VPN servers in countries that offer Nvidia’s service. To avoid congestion and to help you locate servers nearby (for faster speeds), it is important that the VPN provider has a large server count.
- Cross-platform compatible and easy-to-use apps – GeForce now works on multiple platforms, including Windows, macOS Android, Chrome, Safari and Nvidia Shield. They should be able to access most of the apps, and they should have an easy-to-use design.
- Split tunnelling This feature allows you to choose which traffic is routed through the VPN and which goes through your ISP network. Split-tunnel GeForce traffic can be used to increase your speed (it encrypts or decrypts less data).
- Strong security –To protect your data and prevent bandwidth throttling a VPN must use strong end-to-end encryption such as AES256 or ChaCha20. It should have a kill switch, and provide good leak protection.
- No logs VPNs shouldn’t monitor your use of the service (including what files you download or which sites you visit). It’s great if VPNs pass security audits to show they don’t keep logs.
- 24/7 Support – If the VPN does not work with GeForce Now, you will need to find a way to get help quickly. Live chat is the best way to get answers.
- A good refund policy makes the VPN more reliable and less risky. A 30-day refund policy is the industry standard.
These are the 5 Best VPNs for Nvidia GeForce in 2021
There are many VPNs on the market, and it can be difficult to choose one. We tried dozens of VPN providers to find the best one for GeForce.
NordVPN- Best VPN for GeForce Now
We had the best experience with NordVPN. Thanks to its vast network (more than 5,400+ servers across 59 countries), and NordLynx protocol, the service offers lightning fast speeds which is based on WireGuard technology. AV-TEST also found that NordVPN is the fastest VPN available.
NordVPN was tested with several GeForce NOW Games: Minecraft and Fortnite. We had high ping and lag and quick load times.
NordVPN provides a great experience with unlimited data and easy to use apps for all platforms (Windows, macOS Android, Android TV, Chrome). You can use NordLynx and IKEv2/IPSec, which are both fast protocols.
This VPN offers great security, including bank-grade encryption, leak protection and a kill switch. NordVPN passed two audits and proved it does not store logs. Split-tunneling is also available, which allows you to optimize your VPN speed.
NordVPN offers 24/7 chat support and a 30-day guarantee. It is also affordable.
- 5200+ Global Servers in 59+ Countries
- CyberSec malware protection and ad blocking
- Next-generation encryption using double VPN servers
- VPN traffic is obscured by obfuscation technology
- Strict no-logs policy
- Uses Netflix for streaming
- P2P support is lightning fast
- 30-day money-back guarantee
PrivateVPN is an easy-to-use VPN service
PrivateVPN provides faster connection speeds and is backed up with a solid server catalog. PrivateVPN currently offers over 200 server locations in 63 countries worldwide. You can also take advantage of unlimited bandwidth and server switches. PrivateVPN allows you up to six simultaneous connections with a single subscription plan.
You can choose from three OpenVPN protocols: PPTP, L2TP, and PPTP. You can choose from a variety of 128-bit or 256-bit encryption options to customize your encryption settings. PrivateVPN has apps available for all major OS platforms. All apps are packed with strong privacy and security features.
These features sound even more appealing when you consider PrivateVPN to be one of the lowest-priced services in the industry. Every subscription plan includes a 30-day guarantee without questions .
- Server locations in more than 60 countries
- Zero data logging policy
- 2048-bit encryption using AES-256
- Unlimited bandwidth and high speeds
- Supports anonymous torrenting/P2P friendly
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- Allows port forwarding
Surfshark Unblock GeForce Now on Unlimited Devices
Surfshark allows unlimited simultaneous connections to one account. It can be used on as many devices and as many computers as you like. Surfshark subscribers can be shared with family and friends to save money.
Surfshark offers fast streaming speeds. Surfshark offers unlimited bandwidth, fast protocols (WireGuard, IKEv2/IPSec), as well as a large server network with 3,200+ servers across 65 countries. Surfshark offers intuitive apps for all platforms (Windows and macOS Android, Android TV, and Chrome).
This package includes powerful encryption, no-logs policies, a kill switch and decent leak protection. However, you will need to disable IPv6 manually. Split-tunneling is also available by Surfshark, which can be used to optimize VPN speeds.
You also get 24/7 live chat support as well as a 30-day, no-questions-asked refund. Surfshark offers some of the lowest prices on the market.
- More than 3200+ global servers located in 60+ countries
- CleanWeb Ad-blocking feature
- OpenVPN offers strong encryption and security
- Whitelister, Multihop VPN and Kill Switch
- No-logs policy
- Uses Netflix for streaming
- Amazing speeds
- 30-day money-back guarantee
ExpressVPN – Fast & Secure Proprietary protocol
ExpressVPN is very fast thanks to its Lightway protocol. It connects to servers in a fraction of seconds. Low ping is a common occurrence when playing Fortnite or Minecraft online on GeForceNOW, even though we are connected to distant servers.
ExpressVPN has unlimited bandwidth, over 3,000 servers in 94 countries and multiple protocols, including Lightway (IKEv2/IPSec L2TP/IPSec), OpenVPN, and OpenVPN. It also offers a user-friendly interface. Even if you have never used ExpressVPN before, it is easy to understand how it works. ExpressVPN apps are compatible with all devices (Windows, macOS Android, Android TV and Chrome).
ExpressVPN offers excellent security, including military-grade encryption (AES256), audited no logs policy and leak protection.
ExpressVPN support representatives are available 24/7 via live chat if you have any problems. Although the price is high, ExpressVPN offers a 30-day guarantee of no-questions-asked.
- 160+ Locations and 3000+ Servers
- Strict No-Log policy
- Unlimited streaming (Netflix, Hulu, BBC iPlayer)
- Strong military-grade AES256-bit key encryption
- Split tunneling, Kill Switch and RAM-disk Servers
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- Support for Windows, MacOS and Linux
- Reliable connections and fast speeds
Private Internet Access- The Biggest VPN Server Network in the Market
PIA has 35,000+ servers across 77 countries. This means you won’t experience slow speeds due to overcrowded servers. You can also find servers close to you, which will allow for faster speeds.
PIA apps are simple to use on all devices (Windows, macOS Android, Google Chrome, and Android). WireGuard provides fast speeds and unmetered data.
This provider uses secure protocols (WireGuard and OpenVPN), strong encryption, and a zero-logging policy. PIA has legal court documents to back up its zero-logging policy. It also made all its software open-sourced, so anyone can see it.
PIA also offers split-tunneling and leak protection as well as a reliable kill switch. The pricing is attractive, and all plans come with a 30-day money-back guarantee. You can reach PIA support via live chat 24 hours a day.
- Block trackers and ads
- You can use it with up to 10 devices simultaneously
- Unlimited Bandwidth
- 3200+ Servers in 29 countries
- No Request or Traffic logs
- 7-day money-back guarantee
How to use a VPN with Nvidia GeForce Now
- We recommend NordVPN as a reliable VPN ( ).
- Install the VPN provider’s application.
- The app allows you to connect to a VPN server located in a country that GeForce NOW supports.
- Get started playing your favorite games.
How to Speed up GeForce VPN Connections
GeForce NOW needs faster Internet speeds than other streaming sites. You need at least 15 Mb/s to enjoy 720p quality with 60 frames per second. You need at least 25 Mb/s to achieve 1080p quality at 60 frames per second. You will also need a 5GHz router if you are using WiFi.
VPNs can slow down your internet speeds because they encrypt your data. This makes data packets more heavy and takes longer to send. The slowdown in your ISP’s speeds can be annoying and noticeable.
There are many things you can do in order to improve your GeForce VPN speeds. Here are our recommendations:
- An ethernet connection is better than WiFi. GeForce NOW recommends this. Even with a 5GHz router, speeds may be slower if your WiFi signal isn’t strong enough. This happens if you are not in the same place as the router.
- OpenVPN should be replaced with lightweight protocols. WireGuard or IKEv2/IPSec will give you the fastest speeds.
- OpenVPN is faster than TCP if you have to use it. If the VPN allows, you can downgrade the AES encryption to 128 bits if it is available.
- Connect to a server near your location (such as a neighboring nation). Data packets between your device (or the VPN server) will travel faster.
- Split-tunneling is an option if it’s available. The VPN should only route traffic to the GeForceNOW app or your browser. Speeds will increase if there is less data required to route and encrypt/decrypt traffic.
- Disable background applications that access the Internet
These are the top questions that people asked about Nvidia GeForce Now and VPNs. You can leave more questions in the comments.
What is GeForce NOW?
GeForceNOW is Nvidia’s cloud gaming service. It allows you to play modern games even on low-powered devices. You only need decent Internet speed to stream the games to your device.
GeForce NOW offers some games for free (like Fortnite), but to be able to play these games, you’ll need to purchase the paid versions.
Where can I download GeForce NOW!
The GeForceNOW app can be downloaded from Nvidia’s website. GeForce NOW currently offers apps for Windows, macOS and Android.
Do I Really Want a GeForce VPN?
A VPN is required to use GeForce Now in your country. It will not see your IP address, but only the VPN’s.
GeForce NOW may not be available in your country. This is because licensing regulations might prevent you from accessing all the games. By hiding your location, a VPN can help you unblock geo-locked games.
Here’s another thing an Nvidia GeForce VPN can do:
- It allows you to bypass firewalls and unblock GeForce NOW from school networks.
- It encrypts your traffic and prevents ISPs throttling it when you play for long periods of time (like on weekends).
- VPN protects against DoS/DDoS attacks. It hides your IP so hackers can’t target your network.
- Your ping and lag might be reduced by using a VPN to route your traffic directly towards the gaming server.
GeForce NOW Now Available in India
GeForce NOW doesn’t exist in India. This country is not on Nvidia’s list of supported countries. NordVPN also provided an Indian server to access GeForce NOW’s website. We received a message saying that GeForce NOW was not available in our region.
GeForce NOW India requires you to use a VPN server located in India. To get the fastest speeds, we recommend using VPN servers in the UK.
GeForce NOW can also be downloaded in Russia, Uzbekistan and Georgia. It is also available in Japan, South Korea, Georgia, Japan, Georgia, and Uzbekistan. GeForceNOW is not available in English, even though these countries are closer to India. To get faster speeds, however, you can use VPN servers in these countries if you speak any of those languages.
Get a free VPN for Nvidia GeForce now!
However, we do not recommend free GeForce VPNs. You’ll experience high ping and lag due to their slow speeds. You will also find bandwidth limits for free VPNs (between 500 MB to 2 GB per monthly), which makes it impossible to play 1080p (it consumes about 1 GB every hour).
This is not all. You might also find that free VPNs have buggy apps and little or no customer support. You should also be aware that random VPNs, which are free, might expose you and log your data for advertisers.
It is better to use paid VPNs. These VPNs are attractively priced for long-term plans, and come with 30-day money-back guarantee (so you’re not at risk).
A GeForce VPN will decrease Lag and Ping?
GeForce NOW using a VPN may result in lower ping and lag, but this is not always the case. Your ISP may route your traffic in this manner, for example.
You ISP Network Stop #1 – Stop #2 – Stop #3 Gaming Server
However, if you use VPN your traffic may take this route:
You – ISP Network – VPN Server – Gaming Server
Remember that VPNs can also increase your ping time and lag. It all depends on how lucky you are. We saw improvement in our tests (instead 60-70 ms as usual, we saw 40-50 ms).