You can drag and drop Trello boards and cards to a new place using the drag and drop tool. This time-saving function allows you to easily rearrange your cards and boards to improve workflow organization.
As a result, many Trello users become concerned when they discover they can’t drag and drop their boards. Drag and drop may stop working on your computer at times. However, with the help of this guide, you can resolve the problem.
Troubleshooting In Trello, Drag & Drop Doesn’t Work
Start Windows Explorer again.
One of the most prevalent symptoms of a corrupted Windows Explorer is the inability to drag and drop files. The good news is that restarting Internet Explorer should resolve the issue.
- Select Task Manager by pressing the Ctrl + Alt + Delete keys at the same time.
- Navigate to the Processes tab.
- Open Windows Explorer and look for it.
- Right-click on it and then select End task.
Check to see if the drag and drop feature has returned to normal.
Please double-check your browser.
If Trello is the only app on your device that doesn’t support drag and drop, it’s possible that your browser is to blame.
Here are some options for resolving the issue:
- Clear the cache in your browser. You’ll be removing temporary files that could damage or interfere with certain Trello functionality by doing so. See How to Clear the Cache in Google Chrome for additional information. Despite the fact that this guide focuses on Chrome, the instructions are essentially the same for any Chromium-based browser.
- Disable any extensions you have installed. Browser extensions, on the other hand, have a history of interfering with the web-browser tools you’re utilizing. Disable all of your extensions and see whether the problem still occurs. If the issue has been resolved, re-enable your extensions one at a time, testing after each one to locate and eliminate the source of the problem.
- You should update your browser. When using browser-based technologies, if you aren’t using the most recent version of your browser, you may experience a variety of issues.
- Check for updates and update to the most recent browser version.
- Please switch to a different browser. If a momentary malfunction or glitch prevents you from using the drag and drop capability, another alternative is to use a different browser.
- Run a scan with System File Checker.
The drag and drop capability may be broken if certain system files become corrupted or are mistakenly deleted.
- Run Command Prompt as an administrator.
- Run the command sfc /scannow.
- Wait until SFC has completed the scan before pressing Enter.
- Check if drag and drop now works in Trello after restarting your computer.
Use the Hardware Troubleshooter to find out what’s wrong with your computer.
If the problem isn’t caused by a system or program fault, it could be a hardware problem. If feasible, see if your mouse is completely functional on other devices.
Run the Hardware troubleshooter to ensure that your mouse is fully compatible with your computer.
If you’re using the most recent version of Windows 10, you may have noticed that the Hardware troubleshooter is no longer available. No, that’s not the case. The feature was deleted from the UI but not from the OS, according to Microsoft.
Execute the msdt.exe -id DeviceDiagnostic command in Command Prompt with admin access to run the troubleshooter. The troubleshooter can then be used as usual.
Reinstall the mouse driver if necessary.
- Outdated mouse drivers might potentially cause problems with specific mouse functions, such as drag and drop.
- Make sure you’re using the most recent mouse driver. You can also reinstall the driver to resolve any issues with it.
- Open the Device Manager application.
- Add more mice and other pointing devices to the list.
- Make a right-click with your mouse.
Choose between updating the driver and reinstalling the device
- Check to see whether updating or reinstalling the driver made a difference.
- Use the ESC key to exit.
- Open the Windows Explorer programme.
- Go ahead and select any files
- Then hold down the left mouse button for a long time.
- Check if drag and drop is back by pressing the Escape key.
Please let us know if you are able to utilise the drag and drop tool once more.